ESTATE PLANNING AND ASSET PROTECTION WITH THE BLENDED FAMILY
Do you find yourself struggling to find care for yourself or a loved one? Are you concerned with your ability to pay for end-of-life care? Do you have questions about how to best protect your assets if nursing care is needed? Are you part of a blended family and concerned about how these relationships may affect your estate plan?
Maureen Lester, attorney with the Shepherd Elder Law Group, will help you answer these questions and more at a free lunch event from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. January 22 at Lawrence Presbyterian Manor.
What you can expect to learn at this seminar:
- The need for planning
- Who is eligible for Medicaid benefits
- Protection of money, house and family farm
- Using trusts to protect assets
- Financial implications of divorce decrees, stepchildren and new extended family
- How to best avoid estate issues and family arguments
- How to best revisit estate plans before & after a new marriage
Estate Planning and Asset Protection within the Blended Family is part of Presbyterian Manor's Just Ask lifelong learning series featuring topics of interest to seniors and their adult children.
RSVP by January 17 to Curtis Jones to reserve your spot by calling 785-841-4262 or emailing email@example.com.